Nice old-style fire effect using SDL for video output.
It was originally coded in 1998 under MSDOS and was ported to Win32/Linux using SDL in 2002.
During 2004, we added MMX support and finally on 2012, SSE2 code paths were also added.
- Fire effect is created on a 400×300 buffer. C, ASM, MMX and SSE2 code paths are available.
- A 2x zoom is performed over the fire effect buffer getting the final resolution of 800×600. C, MMX and SSE2 code paths are available.
- These buffers work with a palettized surface of 8-bits and it is converted to final color depth by SDL.
- Available for Windows. It also compiles for Linux and MacOS X but make files are not provided.
- Developed in C++ using SDL 1.2.
- 32bits binaries for supported operating systems.
- Source code
- Source code and make files for VS2008+.
- Previous releases
- Get access to all releases repository.