Proof of concept for learning Neural networks and genetics algorithms developed in 2012. Simulates an environment of species that must survive and create a kind of “society mind” on a 2D world.
The neural network and genetics algorithm code is based on the amazing docs created by Mat Buckland.
- Fully customizable using external XMLs.
- Supports OpenMP for a very fast evolution on multi-core computers.
- Evolution can be shown on the screen (slow but nice to see) or can be done on background (very fast but no visual output is provided).
- On screen evolution stats.
- You can easily add new species, by default there is only one (fully customizable) named Minzoo.
- Available for Windows. Also compiles on Linux and MacOS X but make files are not provided.
- Developed in C++ using CRM32Pro.
- 32bits binaries for supported operating systems.
- Source code
- Source code and make files for VS2008+.
- Previous releases
- Get access to all releases repository.