Game development links:
- A* pathfinder for beginners: basic pathfinder tutorial for beginners.
- Amit’s Game Programming: very good site with a lot of information about AI, pathfinders, etc.
- Codeguru: algorithm implementations on different programming languages.
- Data structures in C/C++: set of data structures implemented in C/C++.
- DevImg: game screenshots portal to show developments.
- DevMaster: old devmaster web page that now keep some very interesting blog entries.
- Gamasutra: very good site with a lot of game development documents.
- GameDev: developers portal with a great forum and a project database.
- Game AI: artificial intelligence site with a lot of documents.
- Garage Games: reference site for indie developers and Torque engine home.
- La web del programador: a lot of tutorials (in Spanish).
- OpenGL: the industry foundation for high performance and cross-platform graphics.
- RealTime Data Compression: a very good site with very fast algorithms as LZ4 or xxhash.
Great libraries and engines developed by Spanish community:
API for game development on Windows platforms using Visual Basic.
Open source and free 3D real-time strategy game, where you control the armies of two different factions: Tech, which is mainly composed of warriors and mechanical devices, and Magic, that prefers mages and summoned creatures in the battlefield.
2d game engine in C++ for game development with tutorials, api reference, entity system, sprite animations, collision detection, 3d hardware acceleration, etc …
Not actively worked anymore but the source code and documentation will remain in Codeplex for the game community and people who want to research how to build a Game Engine using .NET and C#..
Component based game architecture, 2D and 3D physics engines, beautiful visual effects, cross-platform support advanced layout system and much more.
Meeting point for Spanish-speakers game developers:
Great meeting point for game developers, publishers, musicians and 2D/3D artist. Jobs opportunities and a huge forum community.
Game developers of Latin America. Great meeting point for game developers.
SDL development links:
- SDL library: 1.2 and new 2.0 versions.
- SDL Wiki: documentation, migration from 1.2 to 2.0 and a lot of useful SDL resources.
- Sol’s Graphics tutorials: great SDL graphics tutorials for beginners.
- Lazy Foo’ SDL 1.2 tutorials: very good tutorials covering the whole SDL 1.2 library.
- Lazy Foo’ SDL 2.0 tutorials: very good tutorials covering the whole SDL 2.0 library.